A foreign national who intends to adopt a Chinese child may go to the China Center of Adoption Affairs. A prospective adoptive parent should send the original of the following documents, plus two photocopies, to the China Center of Adoption Affairs via an adoption service organization licensed by the government of his or her home country
1. Transnational adoption application letter;
2. Birth certificate;
3. Certificate of marital status;
4. Certificate of employment, financial income and assets;
5. Health certificate;
6. Certificate indicating whether the applicant adopter has ever been subjected to criminal penalty;
7. Certificate showing the approval of the transnational adoption by the competent authority of the applicant adopter's home country;
8. A satisfactory family status report.
If the adoption application is approved, the China Center of Adoption Affairs will send a notice to the adoptive parent to pick up the child in China and notify the Guangdong Provincial Civil Affairs Department of the adoption.
※ China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption
Address: No. 16, Wangjia Alley, Dongcheng District, Beijing
※ Adoptions Registration Center, Guangdong Provincial Civil Affairs Department
Add: 8/F, Fuhua Commercial Building, No. 233, Dade Road, Guangzhou
Fax: 833186314Website: www.gdmz.gov.cn/syzx
All materials marked with "source: English.gz.gov.cn" on this website (including but not limited to text, photographs, audio and video materials) are the copyrighted property of Guangzhou International (the official website of Guangzhou Municipality). Without prior authorization from Guangzhou International, any media, website, organization or individual shall not transmit, interlink, distribute or republish such materials in any form. Any media and website authorized to republish such materials shall mark them with "source: Guangzhou International (English.gz.gov.cn)". Infringement of these copyrights will result in legal action.