Home   |   About GZ   |   Directory   |   Contact Us   |   Help Center
Government  |   Residents  |   Visitors  |   Business 
Here you can find out The Rules for the Administration of Employment of Foreigners in China, and the procedures for applying for the Foreign Experts Certificate, the Alien Employment License and the Alien Employment Permit for foreigners in Guangzhou. 

The Rules for the Administration of Employment of Foreigners in China apply to employed foreigners within Chinese territory and their employers. Aliens seeking employment in China should follow an employment permit system. To offer employment to a foreign national in Guangzhou, the employer (except a Guangdong-based provincial or central government agency) should apply for Alien Employment License of the People’s Republic of China (Hereinafter referred to as “Employment license”) from the Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau and, after being approved by the Municipal Public Security Bureau. Those who have been awarded the Employment License should go through relevant formalities according to the following procedures:

1. Present the Employment License and Visa Notice to the embassy or consulate of the People’s Republic of China when applying for the Employment Visa.

2. The bearer of the Employment Visa should sign a labor contract with the employer within 15 days after entering China by presenting the Employment License.

3. Present the Employment License, labor contract, valid passport and other relevant documents to municipal human resources and social security administrative authorities to apply for Alien Employment Permit (Hereinafter referred to as "Employment Permit").

4. Aliens who have obtained the Employment Permit should present the Employment Permit to the municipal public security authorities to apply for Alien Residence Permit within 30 days after entering China.

Aliens who hold the Employment Permit and the Alien Residence Permit can be legally employed in China under the Protection of Chinese laws.

Foreigners who have not been issued residence certificate (i.e. holders of F, L, C or G type visas), and those who are under study or interim programs in China and the families of holders of Employment Visas shall not work in China.

Select one of the following for additional details:

Search for Jobs Online

Search for jobs available in South China website of HR (www.job168.com), which is a service agency of China HR established by Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the P.R.C. and the People’s Government of Guangzhou Municipality.

>> South China HR English Website (English Version)

If you find out anything wrong with the information, links and the translation, please offer your comments by selecting the relative content with your mouse and holding "CTRL" and "ENTER" simultaneously. Thank you!
Copyright © 2010 The People`s Government of Guangzhou Municipality.All RightsReserved
Email: english@gz.gov.cn  ICP备案号:粤B2-20040244