Exemption from Employment License
Foreigners may be exempted from the requirements of possessing an Employment License and an Employment Permit when they meet any of the following conditions:
1. Foreign professional technical and managerial personnel employed directly by the Chinese government; foreigners with senior technical titles or credentials of special skills recognized by their national or international technical authorities or professional associations to be employed by Chinese government organs and institutions; foreigners holding Foreign Expert Certificate issued by China's Bureau of Foreign Expert Affairs;
2. Foreign workers with special skills who work in offshore petroleum operations without the need to go ashore for employment and hold "Work Permit for Foreign Personnel Engaged in the Offshore Petroleum Operations in the People's Republic of China";
3. Foreigner who conduct commercialized entertainment performance with the approval of the Ministry of Culture and hold "Permit for Temporary Commercialized Performance".
Foreigners may be exempted from the requirement of possessing an Employment License and may apply directly for the Employment Permit by presenting their Employment Visas and relevant papers after their entry when they meet any of the following conditions:
1. Foreigners employed in China under agreements or accords entered into by the Chinese government with foreign governments or international organizations for the implementation of Sino-foreign projects of cooperation and exchange;
2. Chief representative and representative of the permanent offices of foreign enterprises in China.
(Source: Guangzhou Municipal Labor Employment Service Administration Center)
Guangzhou Municipal Labor Employment Service Administration Center
Add: 1/F, No. 148, Donghua Nan Road, Guangzhou
(Online Application Site)
Office hours: 8:30 A.M -12:00A.M., 2:00 P.M -5:30P.M.(Mondays to Fridays, except public holidays)